Highlights of current issue:
* An Interview with pianist, Kristian Chong
* Our US correspondent Tamami Honma’s article on Art and Music Part II
* A dialogue with Hong Kong’s foremost flautist Matthew Wu & his wife Monique Pong, founder of Music Children Foundation, to talk about their respective musical path
We are also excited that internationally-acclaimed pianist Tamami Honma has agreed to be Vantage’s US correspondent to create quality contents for our readers. In this issue, she has contributed an article on Art and Music.
Together with violinist Julian Brown, they altogether had an interesting conversation with violin virtuoso Maxim Vengerov on performing, conducting and the première of a violin concerto by Chinese composer Qigang Chen.
Seventh Issue – Sep 2017, Vol. 3 No. 1
- Interview with composer Fung Lam of HK Phil
- Dialogue with musicologist Professor Daniel Chua of HKU
- Analysis on Bach’s Well-Tempered Clavier
- Patronage in Music and Arts
- Articles on musicians’ common injuries and prevention
- Snapshots of Vantage Music Artists’ New York Tour
Sixth Issue – May 2017, Vol. 2 No. 3
A cover story of one of the Hong Kong foremost singers, Carol Lin; An interview with cellist Professor Alan Harris Harris from Eastman School of Music as a prequel to his concert and masterclass in August in Hong Kong; An analysis on Bach’s play of dissonance and Articles on Shakespeare and Nietzsche.
Fifth Issue – Jan 2017, Vol. 2 No. 2
The January 2017 issue of Vantage presents a cover story on pianist Choi Sown-Le: A life in Music, together with an interview with his good friend Lau Siu-Ming on music and art. The Paris-based Thymos Quartet will also tell us more about their upcoming Tour in China.